ADSM-L

Problem starting dsmserv on AIX 4.1.5

1998-04-01 05:05:37
Subject: Problem starting dsmserv on AIX 4.1.5
From: Mike Benton <michael.benton AT GSI DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:05:37 +0000
My AIX server had a problem and I had to Kill the ADSM Server process along
with others to get it back on its feet. When I now try
to start the ADSM Server I get the following messages.  Has anyone had this
problem before ? Any ideas ?

[root@speth07]/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin} dsmserv
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 09:27:38 on Oct 31 1997.

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 2, Release 1, Level 5.15/5.15

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5765-564 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1995. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I ADSM server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /adsm_mirror/db/dbvol01m.
Explanation (open error): Text file busy
ANR7806W Unable to open file /adsm_mirror/db/logvol01m.
Explanation (open error): Text file busy
ANR7806W Unable to open file /adsm/db/dbvol01.
Explanation (open error): Text file busy
ANR7806W Unable to open file /adsm/db/logvol01.
Explanation (open error): Text file busy
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.

I have done a "fuser" on the db and log volumes and there are no processes
accessing these files;
/adsm/db} fuser *
dbvol01:
logvol01:

I hope someone will tell me that my Database is still OK.

Regards
Michael Benton
ADP-GSi  Clearing UK,
Technology Services Dept,
Camberley, Surrey, UK, GU15 3PS.
Tel: (+44) 1276 62155 Extn.2269
      24hr Voice Mail Available
Fax: (+44) 1276 26290
Internet: Michael.Benton AT gsicom DOT com