ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?

1998-04-01 01:06:36
Subject: Re: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?
From: Mark Evans <MEvans AT CO.SLC.UT DOT US>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:06:36 -0700
Del,

Thanks for responding to my request for help.

> Mark,
>
>   1. Make sure the task that runs the scheduled command is running
>        with enough permissions to access the registry correctly.
>       THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! "System Account" is usually not enough.

        I checked this and found I am signing on to the SQL enterprise
manager with the local administrator account. I login into the server
using the domain administrator account. I couldn't figure out how to add
the SA account to the local administrator group. My SQL guy was not
available to help me today. The task is created in SQL Enterprise
Manager. Is this the correct place to run the task. I think I went this
direction from instructions in the help files with the SQL client.

>   2. Make sure  the scheduled task first changes the current directory
>        to the ".\agentsql" directory, then runs the command.

        This should be correct in my script. The following is a copy of
the command line I am using. Remember that this command runs fine from
the DOS prompt.

        c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentsql\sqldsmc.exe /sqluser:sa
/sqlpwd:admm /adsmnode:slccis-db /adsmoptfile:dsm.opt
/logfile:sqldsm.log /BACKUPFULL:pubs

>   3. Verify that DSMI_CONFIG and DSMI_DIR are not set
>       or are set to point to the correct options file and
>       correct directory (".\agentsql").

        You lost me on this one. I couldn't find these files or
parameters anywhere. I apologize for this. We don't have any of the
client manuals yet. They have been ordered but the way things go around
here it may be August before I see them.

> If the above doesn't work, please get the exact message that you see
> and repost.

        The following error message is generated when I run the
"scheduled task" from SQL enterprise manager:

        Process Exit Code 0.  ... and Buy" license which has 54 days
until expiration. Logging on to the ADSM server...ANSQL108E -- Could not
open the ADSM client message file (dscameng.txt).Ensure that this file
is installed in the correct location.

        I have included Matthias Hensel in this thread as he also had
some questions on the same topic.

        Thanks again for your help!

Mark L. Evans
MEvans AT co.slc.ut DOT us