ADSM-L

Re: Insert Machine Characteristics

1998-03-31 14:57:37
Subject: Re: Insert Machine Characteristics
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:57:37 -0500
Hmmmm......... did you actually notice the ANS1141W when you ran the macro
using "dsmadmc", or only when you executed it manually? If you executed it
manually, did you use the backup-archive command line interface instead of the
Admin command line interface? ANS1141W looks like a backup-archive client
message. I'd expect to see an ANRxxxx message if this was the Admin.

Also, in the "dsmadmc" command you included in your post, I see a '>'
(redirection) symbol in there. That doesn't look like it belongs.

If you run this command:

dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=bkp -outfile=mac.out macro /home/adsmadmn/machchar-macro

what does mac.out contain?

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division