ADSM-L

Re: ADSM ver 2 on AIX 4.2.1 using DRM with 3494

1998-03-31 13:15:33
Subject: Re: ADSM ver 2 on AIX 4.2.1 using DRM with 3494
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:15:33 -0500
We are ADSM V2 at 2.1.5.13 using DRM with STK9710.

Yes, I had the same problem.
Did it to myself.
By any chance, are the tapes that are disappearing your DBBACKUP tapes?
I had my daily DELETE VOLHIST expiring the DBBACKUP tapes, but had not set
the DRM DBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS parm correctly.

If you do the DELETE VOLHIST it deletes any reference to the DBBACKUP tapes,
so DRM doesn't put them back into VAULTRETRIEVE status.

Make sure your DBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS parm for DRM expires the tapes and gives
you enough days to get them back onsite with MOVE DRMEDIA, before you delete
the DBBACKUP entries from VOLHIST.

Once I set DBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS to be 7 days less than my DELETE VOLHIST,
everything works fine.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert