ADSM-L

Error 27 using dsmfmt command

1998-03-31 12:02:46
Subject: Error 27 using dsmfmt command
From: Ferron Brown <ferronb AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:02:46 -0500
Are we running into the old 2 GB limit on ADSM volumes?  I thought that
version 3.1 got rid of that limitation.

Tony Yes you are running into that limitation problem.  I had the same problem
about a month ago.  I was trying to format 9.1 GB drives but adsm would not let
me
so I had to partition that drive into 4 partition (roughly 2045 MB a piece).  I
call support and was told I could format the whole 9.1 GB drive, when I tried
it failed, there were several other things they wanted me to try but I was
stressed for time so I did it the old fashion way.

Ferron L. Brown
IBM Global Services
Storage Management/ADSM
919-543-7277 (external)
441-7277 (tie line)

---------------------- Forwarded by Ferron Brown/Raleigh/IBM on 03/31/98 11:59

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 03/31/98 11:10:51 AM