ADSM-L

Resotre problems in NT

1998-03-30 16:59:05
Subject: Resotre problems in NT
From: "Cohen, Caleb (MS)" <CohenC AT MAIL.DNB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:59:05 -0500
ADSM Ver 3, 1, 0.1

Trying a test restore - the first we've ever done of an entire disk.  Log
on to ADSM, click Restore.  Open the first hierarchy (node name), check the
c: drive to restore the entire drive.  Click restore.

In the restore, select "different location" and say e:\ (which is a empty,
formatted NTFS disk)  Note the backslash is automatic and non-removable.
 Selecting either partial path or complete path yields the same result upon
restore commencement: "Directory exists as file"  Selecting no directories
works, but everything is flat which is unacceptable.  The "file" is messed
up.  It is going to something like e:\\dir\file - note the double slashes.

If in the restore, I select "new directory" and try e: (versus e:\) it says
"unable to create directory."  If I give it "e:\sub1" (note no trailing
backslash) all is fine and the restore is perfect, just everything is 1
sub-directory down from where it should be.

Is there a fix for this?  It seems like someone has restored a backup to a
different drive and gotten it to work... Thanks in advance...

Caleb