ADSM-L

Baremetal Restore for SUN taking forever.

1998-03-30 11:42:02
Subject: Baremetal Restore for SUN taking forever.
From: "Schauerte, Andrew P (NM75)" <andrew.schauerte AT DAS.HONEYWELL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:42:02 -0700
Hello ADSM users,

I am doing a bare metal restore on a SUN Server.  As you know, before the
actual restore takes place, ADSM examines the files before the restore
takes place.  We have started the restore over 19 hours ago and ADSM has
only EXAMINED (NOT ACTUALLY RESTORED YET) over half of the files.  I am
dying here.  This is taking way too long.  The Server is on AIX 4.2 F50.
 The CPU on the client and the Server are not being utilized.  The network
folks told me that data is being sent in 64k packets(sounds like an I/O
problem).  That is not good.  Can I configure this number on ADSM somehow.
 Please help.
                Thanks,
                        Andy Schauerte
                        Honeywell DAS