ADSM-L

AW: ADSM Schedular Service for NT

1998-03-30 03:49:38
Subject: AW: ADSM Schedular Service for NT
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:49:38 +0200
Shane,
we had a similar problem after our self-announced-security-god made true
with his fetish and tried to close security-holes that did not exist in
reality...
When ADSM accesses each filespace for the first time in a session it
cannot make use of the system rights.
We had only "Domain Admins:Fullcontrol" in the root entries and ADSM
failed.
After adding "Everyone:Display" (only into the root entry, do not add
this recursively), ADSM worked fine. I did not investigate this further,
as the added entry does not open any security holes, but it's possible
that "Everyone" could be replaced by a smaller usergroup.

Good luck,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl