ADSM-L

ADSM accounting file

1998-03-29 22:45:50
Subject: ADSM accounting file
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:45:50 +1000
Hi,

Our ADSM accounting file is starting to get quite large. I am after some
ideas about how others handle this file. Certainly I have used the
information in this file quite a number of times. So I don't want to
just delete it, for example, on each system restart. But on the other
hand, I don't think that it is necessary to back the whole thing up
every day.

I am thinking about something like renaming it monthly. Any suggestions?
If I were to just rename it while ADSM is running, does it handle it
nicely by just created a new file?

Trevor