ADSM-L

ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?

1998-03-28 01:00:36
Subject: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?
From: "Mark L. Evans" <mevans AT CO.SLC.UT DOT US>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:00:36 -0700
I have been trying to get the scheduling to work on my ADSM backup for most
of today. I have the ver 3 client backing up the NT portion of the SQL
server with exclusions for the database. I have the ver 3 client for SQL
installed. It works fine if manually initiated. How do I get the backup to
start as a scheduled task in SQL enterprise manager. I have ran the command
from the DOS prompt so I think I have the command down. When I run the
SQLDSMC with the associated parameters in the scheduled tasks it abends
looking for a .txt file. I am sorry I can't remember the file name as I am
at home now and it was a long day. Can anyone let me in on the best
approach to this problem.

TIA

Mark L. Evans - MCSE
Mark L. Evans - MCSE