ADSM-L

ADSM for OS/2 v2 upgrade to v3 free - complete text

1998-03-27 23:04:02
Subject: ADSM for OS/2 v2 upgrade to v3 free - complete text
From: Roger Perkins <rlp01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:04:02 -0500
Here is the complete text of the IBM announcement for a free upgrade from ADSM
for OS/2 version 2 to 3:

NUMBER    397-107
DATE      19970701
CATEGORY  LS00, LS30, LS60, CM00, CM30, CM40, WS00
TYPE      Marketing
TITLE     IBM ADSM VERSION 3 UPGRADE PROMOTION
ABSTRACT  *-------------------------------------------------------------------*
          |  AT A GLANCE                                                      |
                    If you acquire ADSM Version 2 for the AIX, OS/2, NT,
             HP-UX, or Sun Solaris platforms, you can receive an upgrade to
             an equivalent configuration of ADSM Version 3 for the same
             platform, for no additional charge, when it becomes generally
             available.
             o   Final order date:  December 15, 1997
             o   Final Date of Installation:  December 31, 1997
             For ordering, contact:
              Your IBM representative, an IBM
              Business Partner, or IBM North America
              Sales Centers at
                800-IBM-CALL   Reference: YE001
                 For a limited time only, if you acquire ADSM Version 2 for the
          AIX (R), OS/2 (R), NT, HP-UX, or Sun Solaris platforms, you can
          receive an upgrade to an equivalent configuration of ADSM Version 3
          for the same platform, for no additional charge, when it becomes
          generally available.  Version 3 will not be available for all ADSM
          platforms at the same time.
                 Your order for ADSM Version 2 must be placed on or before
          December 15, 1997.  The Date of Installation, as defined in the IBM
          Customer Agreement, of ADSM Version 2 must occur on or after
          June 24, 1997, but no later than December 31, 1997.
                 Upgrade request forms must be received by the IBM Redemption
          Center no later than June 30, 1998.
                 This promotion is available in the United States and Puerto
          Rico.
                 IBM reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at
          any time.
                 If you are a commercial, state or local government, or
          education customer, you can participate.  If you are a federal
          government customer, call 800-333-6705 to determine eligibility.
PRODNO    84H0918  84H5710  84H3121  4020209  4019731
OVERVIEW  ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
          To receive your no-charge ADSM Version 3 upgrade, send the completed
          IBM ADSM Version 3 Upgrade Request Form (see attached) along with the
          original invoice for ADSM Version 2 and a copy of the Version 2
          product Proof of Entitlement to the IBM Redemption Center.
          ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS
                                      MACHINE                      PART
          DESCRIPTION                 TYPE      MODEL    FEATURE   NUMBER
          ADSM V2 for NT              5801      AAR      1177      84H0918
          ADSM V2 for AIX             5801      AAR      1968      84H5710
          ADSM V2 for OS/2            5801      AAR      1804      84H3121
          ADSM V2 for Sun             5801      AAR      2356      4020209
           Solaris
          ADSM V2 for HP-UX           5801      AAR      2005      4019731
          NOTE: ADSM Version 2 can be acquired with optional features.
          You can combine this promotion with other applicable discounts or
          allowances on the eligible products; however, you cannot combine this
          promotion with other ADSM promotions or special bids.
          IBM products.
           Phone:     800-IBM-CALL
           Fax:       800-2IBM-FAX
           Internet:  ibm_direct AT vnet.ibm DOT com
           Mail:      IBM North America Sales Centers
                      Dept. YE001
                      P.O. Box 16848
                      Atlanta, GA  30321-0848
           Reference: YE001
                 To identify your local IBM Business Partner or IBM
          representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU.
                 Trademarks
             Business Partner is a trademark of International Business Machines
             Corporation in the United States or other countries or both.
             AIX and OS/2 are registered trademarks of International Business
             Machines Corporation in the United States or other countries or
             both.
             Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or
             service marks of others.
          IBM ADSM VERSION 3 UPGRADE REQUEST FORM
          To qualify for a no-charge IBM ADSM Version 3 upgrade, you must
          acquire ADSM Version 2 for the AIX, OS/2, NT, HP-UX, or Sun Solaris
          platform.
          Name (please print)
          Company (if appropriate)
          Address
          Mailing Address (if different)
          City                             State              Zip
          Daytime Phone
                 I certify by my signature that the information I have entere
          on this Upgrade Request form is accurate and complete, and that
          submission of this form is in accordance with the Upgrade Request
          instructions.
          Signature                                           Date
          TERMS AND CONDITIONS
          1.  The no-charge upgrade is only valid for qualifying software
              acquisitions made on or after June 24, 1997, but no later than
              December 31, 1997.
          2.  As proof of acquisition, send a copy of your ADSM Version 2
              invoice or bill-of-sale and a copy of the Version 2 product Proof
              of Entitlement to the IBM Redemption Center at the address listed
              below.
              o   Your invoice/bill-of-sale must either be typewritten or
                  computer-generated.  Handwritten or altered documents will
                  not be accepted.
              o   The name and company appearing on this form must match the
                  information provided on the invoice/bill-of-sale.
          3.  To qualify for the no-charge upgrade, this form must be received
              on or before June 30, 1998 at:
                  IBM Redemption Center
                  P. O. Box 27410
                  Detroit, MI 48227
                  Attn: IBM ADSM Version 3 Upgrade Promotion
          4.  Any request forms lost or misdirected by the US Postal Service or
              other delivery service are not the responsibility of IBM or the
              IBM Redemption Center.
          5.  Allow up to eight weeks for your no-charge upgrade to arrive.
          6.  This promotion is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
          7.  IBM reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at
              any time.

This is the most I've heard about the ADSM OS/2 v3 server.  Sounds like good
news to me.

Roger Perkins
Upstate Medicare Division
BCBSWNY