ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-03-27 16:44:20
From: Bernie Survoy <bsurvoy AT OHIO DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:44:20 -0500
The message OPERATOR INTERVENTION REQUIRED is normal during CHECKIN/CHECKOUT
functions, however, the other two indicate a problem.  Research the reason
behind the SCSI bus error for the underlying cause.  When the function fails,
what you see is the library getting out of sync with ADSM.  A Q MOUNT shows
nothing in the drive but a subsequent attempt to mount into that drive will
fail with ANR8300E, indicating the destination slot or drive is full.
Reinitalizing the library unloads all of the drives and reinventories the
library.  A restart of ADSM picks up this new inventory.  Make sure you have
current STK 9710 microcode (1.8.0.1, I think) and DLT4000 microcode (level
105).  Make sure from the AIX side that the mt device driver is current on
maintenance (unless you are using a third party driver such as OMI).

Hope this helps.