ADSM-L

help: dsmstat does not recognice filesystem-borders

1998-03-27 09:21:42
Subject: help: dsmstat does not recognice filesystem-borders
From: Reinald Gfuellner <gfullner AT LPR.E-TECHNIK.TU-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:21:42 +0100
I use global automounter / nfs-paths to backup a unix-cluster.
 This means that the path to a local rootfilesystem leads
 over a local symlink  (f.e. "/NET/elgon/ -> /" on machine elgon)

I now have the problem that dmstat won´t recognice mountpounts
(it would search also /NET/elgon/usr/... , which I would prefere to
treat separately.)

Does someone have a global solution?
If no, what would be better: extensive use of virtualmountpoint or of
exclude.dir ?

I would be thankful for any hint.

my configuration:
  clients: v3 under dec-unix 4.0b,
  server: Server Version 2, Release 1, Level 5.15 under AIX-RS/6000
  client sceduled dsmc, seperate sessions per filesystem.

regards
  R. Gfuellner
--
-------