ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Schedular Service for NT

1998-03-27 08:23:11
Subject: Re: ADSM Schedular Service for NT
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:23:11 -0600
Shane -

I am NOT an NT expert, but I run ADSM as an NT service successfully on my own
machine.   A couple things I would suggest:

Do you belong to the backup rights group in NT.
I know when I've had problems, there's a lot of places to check for messages
and they all give slightly different information.  Check the Event Viewer,
the DSMerror.log and the console log on the server side (although the console
log usually isn't very helpful).  Also you might try running the scheduler
from the DOS prompt and see what messages you get.
Create a test schedule so you can execute the scheduler over and over.

Pretty obvious stuff, I know, but the different messages are sometimes very
helpful.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 03/26/98 03:20:57 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET