ADSM-L

Re: DRM.

1998-03-26 11:13:05
Subject: Re: DRM.
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:13:05 -0500
In <01BD5813.48180AC0 AT d170030006025.corp.longaberger DOT com>, on 03/25/98
   at 05:27 PM, Dean Lundgren <dlundgren AT LONGABERGER DOT COM> said:

>Greetings,
>I keep reading that ADSM controls media movement, but I haven't found any
>details on how this works.   Hopefully, DRM is the piece that produces the
>tape movement reports that tell when to move an archival tape offsite and
>when the information has expired and the tape is scratch.

>My problem now is that DRM wasn't installed when ADSM was loaded.  Does
>anyone have experience in installing DRM separately?

>Thanks-in-advance,
>Dean

On the mvs server, the DRM code is builtin.  To make it work you just need
to enter the 'license drm' command and of course pay the money.  I expect it
is the same on the other platforms.
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab