ADSM-L

Re: DRM.

1998-03-26 07:29:55
Subject: Re: DRM.
From: "Nichols, Linnea" <lnichols AT FFXEX01.CO.FAIRFAX.VA DOT US>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:29:55 -0500
I've used ADSM for years now, and just installed DRM last Feb. with no
problems
(MVS server, 2.0.13). IMHO, DRM does a good job of controlling the
media. Since
I run MVS, I use CA-1 along with DRM to control the tape movement, using
the
CA1 tape vault mgmt, but I've heard other people say they are just using
DRM and
are happy with it. The only pblms I've heard is that if you are using a
robotic tape
library and it's not an IBM flavor, the checkin and checkout of the
tapes from the
library takes a little more work.

The ADSM DRM manuals have a good write-up on media management. I believe
they are shipped on the CDROM with all the rest of the ADSM manuals
(they are
with MVS ADSM).