ADSM-L

Re: Version 3 database

1998-03-25 15:23:11
Subject: Re: Version 3 database
From: Bo Ossinger <ossinger AT WSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:23:11 -0800
At 01:46 PM 3/25/98 -0600, Karen Krowzack wrote:
>In Version 3, the ADSM database can be queried via select statements from
>the DSMADMC command line. This works for me just fine.  Has anyone
>successfully set up a Microsoft Access database on a PC to talk to this
>database?   Can this be done?   What are the major steps in doing this?

I've just barely started using Access97 to look at our ADSM database (AIX),
but found it to be pretty simple.  Opened a new Access database, went
File/Get External Data/Import, then under "Files of Type" selected ODBC
Databases.  The ADSM ODBC32 Server shows up as a Data Source and lets me
access all of the tables on my server.  Not hard to use at all.

Bo R. Ossinger                 email: ossinger AT wsu DOT edu
Washington State University    phone: 509-335-0920
Information Technology         fax:   509-335-6635,,,50920
Production Support Systems     http://www.wsu.edu/prod_supp/Pss.html
PO Box 641222
Pullman, WA  99164-1222