ADSM-L

Re: Automatic notification for ADSM

1998-03-25 09:56:06
Subject: Re: Automatic notification for ADSM
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew.Warren AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:56:06 -0000
Hello,

        I have used a webserver on the ADSM box, along with simple Shell
scripts for CGI that, coupled with IE4 on the desktop and the Channel
Definition Format for subscribing to webpages have enabled me to get
constantly updated 'health checks' on the ADSM servers that display as
web pages embedded into my desktop. Its failry simple once everything is
in place to get any kind of information from ADSM sent to the desktop PC
just by writing a simple script.

        I DID have all the stuff to do it on 8mm tape. I have since put
the tape into a different unix box and I am getting i/o errors on the
tape.

        ...If someone can tell me how to get my info back off the tape I
would appreciate it a great deal... I tarred it all onto the tape twice
so I cant believe both copies are corrupt, but I cant read either.

Matthew Warren.
ADSM(FAB) + Unix support.
Marks & Spencer PLC.
Baker Street, London.