ADSM-L

Re: HSM candidate list

1998-03-25 09:04:52
Subject: Re: HSM candidate list
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 15:04:52 +0100
 Ben Kokenge wrote:

>I have just implemented HSM on my aix system, and I can't
>seem to get it to migrate any files.  I built a candidate list using
>reconcile, and it comes up with 'unable to find any candidates
>in the file system'.   I read page 60 of hte HSM manual (ver 2.1)
>and I seem to pass that criteria.  I dunno, I am just testing HSM
>on my /home filesystem.  Any help out there?  aix 4.2  hsm 3.1
>It is prolly something simple.... ack.

 Check Management Class Information:

 dsmmigquery -M -D :
  Space Management Technique      : Automatic
  Auto Migrate on Non-Usage       : 0
  Backup Required Before Migration: Yes
  Destination for Migrated Files  : 3494POOL

 Look at your "Backup Required Before Migration" setting. Might be
 the problem.

 Cheers,
 Henk ten Have