ADSM-L

List of questions

1998-03-24 14:59:27
Subject: List of questions
From: Robert Weisbloom/carmel graphics <carmelg1 AT SMTP.ON.ROGERS.WAVE DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:59:27 -0500
Dear fellow ADSM ers:
Please bear with me as I pose the following questions. Being new to ADSM
and learning as I go along questions arise at every turn. Well here goes:

1) how do you automate migration( ie not scheduled migration) ?
2) How does NTFS overhead affect the performance Vs FAT ?
3) Moving database file from NTFS to Fat & then back, does this affect ADSM
server performance i.e. back up to a win 95 server and have to restore NT
server ?
4) What is the overhead associated with each additional client hitting ADSM
server resources ?
5) Is it possible to backup multiple clients at the same time ?
6) Does ADSM database support ODBC, JBDC and SQL, is the only way to access
this data through API ?
7) Is it possible to use multiple NIC cards with different IP address in
the same server and if possible how will this affect performance if
multiple clients are backing up at the same time?

Thank you
R. Wise
Carmel Graphic Systems