ADSM-L

Re: ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/rmt0, error number=47

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: Re: ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/rmt0, error number=47
From: Andrew Raibeck
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello Eric,

You can look up a lot of error numbers in your system's errno.h file. On AIX
(as it may be on many UNIX systems) this file is located in /usr/include/sys.
On AIX, errno=47 means that the media is write-protected. (Note that errno
numbers often differ from one operating system to another).

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division