ADSM-L

Re: Maximum recovery log capacity?

1998-03-20 14:03:12
Subject: Re: Maximum recovery log capacity?
From: Claudia Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:03:12 -0600
If you have the database backup trigger enabled, ADSM can backup the data
base based on the log threshholds you set.  Ours is set to trigger an
incremental DB back up if the log reaches 70% capacity. (It cannot be to
high or the log may fill up before the backup completes.)
We only use this trigger for "out of the ordinary" circumstances.  We
schedule 2 daily DB incremental backups and one weekly full DB backup.  If
we hit a maximum of 18 incrementals before the weekly run, the DB backup
trigger will force a full backup.

"Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM> on 03/20/98 09:34:21