ADSM-L

ADSM Notes Agent Errors

1998-03-19 18:33:56
Subject: ADSM Notes Agent Errors
From: "John W. Stephens" <John_W_Stephens AT NOTES.PW DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:33:56 EST
I have posted this message before , but it seems the problem is back with a
suspect "newer agent".

Using the original "out  of the box agent" I received the following errors
while doing a restore of a document .
This is the process:
1) backup notes mail file database
2) open mail file DB on Notes server and delete a document (if a restore is
perfomed at this step it works )
3) Perform a second agent backup (simulate a daily schedule)
4) Try to perform a Restore of the documents from the mail DB and get an error
"no deletion stubs for database"

I was told to use a newer agent  ip21284  this did correct the problem,,BUT

a different problem showed up:
when every the agent would run it would randomly stop and display the following
error message:

Microsoft Visual C++
Assertion Failed
Program : \WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\DSMNOTES.EXE
File : FMNAME.C
Line :  234
expression = MEMPOOL != MEMPOOL_INVALID
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure see Visual
C++ doc for details.

I was told to get the tryby code Trybuy.exe.fix7A  from the FTP site that this
would address this problem, but I have found the
original error of not holding the deletion stubs is back.....

Does anyone have any more insight to  what is the latest notes agent code,,,and
if it has any problems to be aware of.

Thanks for  your time:
John Stephens
Price Waterhouse