ADSM-L

one stgpool migrates to two?

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: one stgpool migrates to two?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/18/98 1:21PM
As a general case, I'd say the answer to your question is "No".

It is certainly possible to have multiple copygroups going to the same pool -
just point him to the pool of your choice.  But the migration from that pool to
the next is controlled by the first pool.  The only "exception" to that process
that I can think of is if there was a size limit on that pool, causing files
over a certain size to go to another pool.  But that doesn't sound like what you
want - it would be indiscriminate with regards to where the files came from -
only how big they are.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/18/98 1:21 PM

Is it possible to set up copygroups in such a way that two
different copygroups can go to the same disk pool, but migrate
their files to two different tape pools?

I'd like to have one disk pool and have files migrate to
different tape pools depending on the management class to which
it is bound -- that way I can set up all of the disk as a single
pool so that all management classes can share a single, scarce
resource, but then migrate to separate sets of tapes.

Thoughts?

"It's a dog eat dog world,                Thomas A. La Porte
 and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."     DreamWorks SKG
              - Norm Peterson             <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>