ADSM-L

Re: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer p

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: Re: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer p
From: Andrew Raibeck
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
When you use the term "archive", do you mean the ADSM Archive operation? If so,
then your customer can safely specify a different management class without
affecting prior archives. The rebinding to the new management class only
applies to the ADSM Backup operation.

The "gotcha" you may be thinking of with ADSM archived files is this: If you
change the retention setting of a management class's archive copy group, then
all previously existing archive versions that are bound to that management
class will get the new retention.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development