ADSM-L

Re-inserting tapes back from the vault.

1998-03-19 06:01:40
Subject: Re-inserting tapes back from the vault.
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:01:40 +-100
Hi ADSM-ers!
I have been able to eject the copypool tapes from my library by using the MOVE
DRMEDIA command. I issue:
MOVE DRMEDIA WHERESTATUS=MOUNTABLE TOSTATE=VAULT
I have also been able to create a "picking list" for which tapes have to come
back from the vault because the data on it has expired by using:
Q DRMEDIA WHERESTATUS=VAULTRETRIEVE
I then issue the command to give the tapes the scratch status again:
MOVE DRMEDIA WHERESTATUS=VAULTRETRIEVE TOSTATE=ONSITERETIEVE
Indeed I see that ADSM deletes the tapes from the database.
Now my problem: How do I insert the (returned from the vault and just expired)
tapes back into the library? I can open the library and insert the tapes
manually. This way the tapes are know to the library (it re-scans all tapes
when the door is closed), but NOT to ADSM!
I can also issue the CHECKIN LIBVOL command for each individual tape, which is
a hell of a job! The must be an easier way?
I have got ADSM V2.1 server on AIX.
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon