ADSM-L

Questions ????????

1998-03-18 19:51:18
Subject: Questions ????????
From: "Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:51:18 -0800
Hi ADSM'ers

I had some questions asked of me today that I could not find an answer
for in the manuals, and I was wondering if anyone coulld asnswer them
for me.  The e-mail message that sent to me follows...

I am trying to get my understanding of the ADSM functionality clear in
my head and have the following questions.

 A user accidentally deletes a directory, ADSM runs, then the user asks
for a restore of the files in that directory as of yesterday before ADSM
had updated the status of those files.

1)  Is ADSM able to identify those files that existed as of the
specified date or does it only keep track of the date of the saved files
NOT the deleted date?

2) Can you select a group of files based on some criteria such as
deleted between 3-1-98 and 3-12-98 and restore or do you have to select
by hand on the display?

Thanks in advance for your input....................

Tony Sinclair
ADSM Admin
Snohomish County PUD
tjsinclair AT snopud DOT com