ADSM-L

DB2 backusp to ADSM.

1998-03-18 15:16:59
Subject: DB2 backusp to ADSM.
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT CORNPONE.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:16:59 -0500
Greetings, all.

I'm trying to get some medium-sized (10s of GB) databases to backup over
ADSM.  I'm at basically late novice to maybe early apprentice level clue on
each of these products, so I'm not shocked I'm having no luck using them
together.

I'm on AIX, 4.1.4, ADSM 2.1, DB2/6000 V 2.1.1

I've got the following environment variables defined for ADSM:

DSMI_CONFIG=/u/db2tac/dsm.opt
export DSMI_CONFIG

DSMI_DIR=/u/db2tac/sqllib/adsm
export DSMI_DIR

DSMI_LOG=/u/db2tac/
export DSMI_LOG

and the follwing ADSM cfg for DB2. ( in /u/db2tac/dsm.opt )

SErvername  adsm
Passwordaccess     Generate
TCPPort            1500

When I attempt a backup, I get

asr@spnode09:19 $db2 backup database du use adsm
SQL2062N  An error occurred while accessing media
"/u/db2tac/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code: "1".

SQL2062N is described as

 SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media
          "<media>".  Reason code: "<reason-code>"

Explanation:  An unexpected error occurred while accessing
a device, file, ADSM or the vendor shared library during
the processing of a database utility.  The following is a
list of reason codes:

1  An attempt to initialize a device, file, ADSM or the
   vendor shared library failed.

Which is not all that helpful.

the file exists, and is readable:

asr@spnode09:24 $ls -l "/u/db2tac/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a"
-r--r--r--   1 bin      bin        16394 Jul 12 1995
/u/db2tac/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a
so I'm mildly lost.  Any pointers to the right FM I could R, :) or to a
so I'm mildly lost.  Any pointers to the right FM I could R, :) or to a
redbook or something?

Allen S. Rout