ADSM-L

Re: VIRUS ALERT

1998-03-18 09:37:43
Subject: Re: VIRUS ALERT
From: "Rushton, John D" <john.d.rushton AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:37:43 -0500
        Betsy,

        Both of these are hoaxes - please check out the Web Site at:
http://kumite.com/myths/ - Computer Virus Myths home page.

        Two other good sites are:
http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html (CIAC Internet Hoaxes) and
        http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACChainLetters.html (CIAC Internet
Chain Letters).

        Please do NOT pass along these "VIRUS ALERTS" blindly without
checking them out or at least
        running past your local Computer Security people first.   They
probably already know about the
        above sites - if not, pass the word along to them.

        John Rushton
        Lockheed Martin