ADSM-L

Re: Control-M scheduling

1998-03-16 08:40:54
Subject: Re: Control-M scheduling
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:40:54 -0600
Barry,

  We are currently implementing NT backups using the Control-M agent.
There are several things that need to be considered, such as the ID that
will submit the backups.  The one thing that I heartily recommend is that
you implement automatic retries of the backups upon failure.  Since the
backup will fail with network glitches, you will get a larger number of
false failures than you wish.  V3 may make this requirement obsolete.

Other than that, you just need to consider how bulletproof you wish to make
the batch cycle that runs the backups.

Contact me with any specific questions or if you wish to discuss this in
depth.

Dan T.
PS.  We have been running the OS/2 agent on 10 servers for over a year.
There was a memory leak problem that prevented me from rolling out to
production.  This appears to be resolved with the current version.