ADSM-L

Re: UnKnown Format

1998-03-13 18:24:32
Subject: Re: UnKnown Format
From: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:24:32 -0700
Pete Tanenhaus wrote:

> It probably means that the data was either backed up by something other than
> an
> API application (an ADSM backup client for instance) or that the level of the
> API used to restore the data is downlevel from the level of the API used to
> back it up.
>
> Pete Tanenhaus
> ADSM NT Client Development

Okay,

I moved to the V3 API.  Anything that is not of obj_type=L (in
bar_object) does not show up in a query.  As my last ditch effort, I did
a dsmUpdateFS and changed the fsType from API:L to API:XX where XX was
the obj_type in bar_object.  Then queried the filespace.  NOTHING except
log files show up in queries.  I have tried different owners, fast path
info, etc.  Yet, if I do a show vers on the server, I see the objects.

What is it I am missing here?  Before, just log files was okay since I
could delete them, but now I want the other objects.  I cannot seem to
access them via the API.  Is there a difference between X/Open
registered objects vs "normal" API objects?  Since the X/Open lib was
used, should I be using that?  And where is the documentation on that?
BTW, the V3 API sample and my code do not compile correctly on an HP-UX
10.20 system.  I am querying a V3 HP-UX server with the AIX 4.1 V3
client API.

Any help from the client side development team and Informix would be
greatly appreciated.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

--