ADSM-L

three? Is three copies of the DB volumes necessary?

1998-03-13 13:29:33
Subject: three? Is three copies of the DB volumes necessary?
From: Joseph A Faracchio <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:29:33 PST
YES!

I'd just like to say that I finally answered this question for myself
when my 3380-JK's started failing.

I'm today looking at my second HDA replacement in as many months.
And to be able to attach a third database copy to ADSM and then be ready
to detach the failing HDA when IBM is available to replace it has
really made my work with ADSM a joy and not a pain.

SO... IBM:  Please don't change the capability of 3 copies of the database
in any future releases.   I only use 2 but sometimes ya gotta go to 3!

... joe.f.