ADSM-L

Re: Restore DB from VMBackup

1998-03-13 12:10:06
Subject: Re: Restore DB from VMBackup
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:10:06 -0500
In <0017000005911591000002L012*@MHS>, on 03/13/98
   at 06:47 AM, "Moir,Betsy" <Betsy.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM> said:

>I got a negative answer about rebuilding our ADSM database from the
>stgpools - one last question before I commit suicide......does anyone know
>if it's possible to restore the database from a VM backup of it?

Have you thought about the salvage utilities, dumpdb, loaddb, auditdb? They
exist as a last resort, which is where your at.  In my version 2 mvs admin
reference, they are in appendix b.

I think we are all curious to know what happened to your database backups.
Why can't you do 'restore db'?
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab