ADSM-L

Re: move nodes to a new domain?

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: Re: move nodes to a new domain?
From: Randall Eggert [SMTP:RANDYE AT MAPCOINC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Phil,

Looking at my ADSM installation, I find no "DEFAULT" Management class, but
a "Query MGMTclass" shows which class has been assigned to "default".

You could set up a new Managment Class, then issue the "ASSIGN DEFMGMTCLASS
domain setname classname" to associate this new class to DEFAULT.  (Gotta
ACTIVATE POLICYSET) also.

I checked the quantity of backups of a filesystem and found 10 copies of a
dataset.

I performed an incremental against the file system and checked the quantity
of backups again.  The new copyg in the managment class had dropped the
copies to 5, as I had defined.

A query backup still shows the managment class as "Default", but is now
using the new rules.

If you define a new Domain, simply issue a "UPD NODE nodename
DOM=newdomain"

Hope I understand your questions and have provided answers in the right
direction.

Ree

Phil Gray-Blest <Phil.Gray-Blest AT BOOTS.CO DOT UK> on 03/12/98 08:00:21 AM