ADSM-L

long_term_archive

1998-03-12 11:20:40
Subject: long_term_archive
From: "J. Glauer" <glauer AT PIK-POTSDAM DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:20:40 +0000
Hi all,

We have a problem with some archived files.
These files were archived for 10 years (retver=3650).

We started with ADSM in 1994 (version1).
Server and clients were upgraded from version 1 to version 2 in 1996.
Now we use Version3 (AIX 4.2 Server and Client)

There are a lot of files, which where archived with the Version1.

The AIX dsmc works correctly and the q arch ... shows all files.
(archived with version 1 or version 2 or version 3)

But the GUI shows only version2 or version 3 archived files (retrieve window).
In the archive window the description list shows all descriptions (including
Version 1).
I have 20 archives in the description list of the archive window, but
only 15 archives in retrieve window. 5 are Version 1 archives and
I can not retrieve the files with the GUI.

?????????

Thanks

Achim Glauer
Postdam Institute for climate impact resarch