ADSM-L

Re: Password Check

1998-03-12 10:14:08
Subject: Re: Password Check
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 07:14:08 -0800
We had the password check show up on some of our NT Clients under
Version 2.
When the client first contacts the server, it picks up the platform.
If during the install process, the first contact is made by the
scheduler,
you get password check. As far as I know, this has no affect on
performance.
To avoid it, when installing a client, use the GUI to backup one or two
files before installing the scheduler service. When we upgraded our
server
to Version 3, this was corrected.