ADSM-L

Re: 2-phase commit in ADSM

1998-03-11 11:46:00
Subject: Re: 2-phase commit in ADSM
From: Debbie Lane <DLane AT MSSMTP.MSMAILGW.INTERMEC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:46:00 PST
As I understand it, Two-phase commit places an entry in the ADSM DB at
the start of the backup, and after the last bit is written to the backup.
Hope that answers your question...
 ----------
Sent:  Wednesday, March 11, 1998 10:29 AM
To:  ADSM-L
Subject:  2-phase commit in ADSM

Hi.

I am currently comparing ADSM with other Network Storage Management
Software.
Receiving tremendous amount of information from this list, I am quite
convinced with the strengths of ADSM.

Anyway, ADSM information sources (brochures, adsm web pages, etc) does
state
that

   "ADSM's advanced database also features a 2-phase commit process,
   ensuring no loss of data."

I was just wondering at what specific instances (parallel backups??? or
...)
is this 2-phase commit feature of the ADSM database significant?
Or is this feature implemented in ADSM database now in preparation
for future ADSM enhancments?

Can somebody spare some time and explain this to me please?

Thanks in advance,
Alvin