ADSM-L

Re: migration clients OS2

1998-03-11 19:45:52
Subject: Re: migration clients OS2
From: David Derk <derk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:45:52 -0500
Is it possible the failing clients are running on system with the HPFS386
filesystem installed
(OS2 Lan Server )?  This is a know problem.  There is a fixtest available now
on the ADSM
anonymous FTP site index.storsys.ibm.com in the directory V3r11 for OS2.  The
fix for this will
be officially available in the next PTF (March PTF 3) due out very soon.  I
recommend waiting
for the PTF.

David Derk
ADSM Client Development

Here is the APAR text...
 APAR= IC19752  SER=                            IN INCORROUT
 ANS4007E IF ADSM V3 CLIENT TRIES TO BACKUP A HPFS386 DIRECTORY

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
 ADSM V3.1.0.1 OS/2 B/A Client cannot handle HPFS386 directories
 because it treats them as a normal file.
 Trying to backup a HPFS386 directory results into
 ans1228e Sending of object 'dirname' failed.
 ans4007e Error processing 'dirname': access to the object is
 denied.
 Using the GUI displays the directory as normal file so that it
 is not possible to change into that directory.