ADSM-L

Re: Simultaneous client sessions parameter not working

1998-03-10 11:57:16
Subject: Re: Simultaneous client sessions parameter not working
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:57:16 -0500
Tom -
Is there anything in the works to have ADSM send out 25 simultaneous
requests and
simply collect the responses as they roll in rather than wait for each
response before sending a new one. ADSM should be able to handle this
considering the robust nature of ADSM.
Here is our sob story...
 I have 2500 clients to backup each night across the LAN and WAN at
various line speeds. The worst case scenario
is that I have to factor in 4.14 hours additional to my backup window to
compensate, not to mention retries. This seems to be ridiculous.

Thanks for the info though!
CR

Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst