ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Replying to: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM> (Mon, 9 Mar 1998 =
14:18:22
-0700)
>(Actually, my one major beef with ADSM is not doing parallel streaming
>(Actually, my one major beef with ADSM is not doing parallel streaming
>to tapes.  Allow multiple client streams to one device - only from the
>same client - for better utilization of devices.  This would not
>interfere with restores or any other process [limit it to collocated
>storagepools only].  Almost all vendors now do this.  This is very
>important for DB backups.  Jim Reil and I have discussed this, but I
>don't think I'll see it my ADSM lifetime.)

I'd like to see some implementation of "distributed" backup. Something =
like
client devices, centralized database. Server to server gives some field =
play here, but it's not a real distributed backup solution.=20

Client devices would allow for great reduction in network traffic, whe =
were
working with large clients (mainly databases) or slow lines.

This would lead to anoyther wish: Distributed ADSM database 8-)

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,