ADSM-L

Re: ADSM wishes (Was: The "incremental forever" paradigm)

1998-03-10 11:02:35
Subject: Re: ADSM wishes (Was: The "incremental forever" paradigm)
From: Ray Kramer <Ray.Kramer AT INFRAMATICA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:02:35 +0100
You're quite right, Rui.

I'm investigating a solid Enterprise Backup/Restore implementation within a
divers network environment, where all (LAN) networks are divided/protected by
firewalls. In what way can I suggest to implement for instance a Network
Storage Manager, while the traffic between the networks already is problematic?
The possibility to connect multiple ADSM servers with each other looks nice,
but is still costly and they all need to be managed.
Therefore: please IBM, develop one central ADSM server with a build-in
distributed backup possibility!
Does anyone know how I can solve my network traffic problem?

With regards,
Ray Kramer,
Inframatica (Storage) Consultants
E-mail: Ray.Kramer AT inframatica DOT nl