ADSM-L

Re: Problem with filenames with national characters (WinNT)

1998-03-10 05:33:58
Subject: Re: Problem with filenames with national characters (WinNT)
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:33:58 GMT
Replying to: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM> (Mon, 9 Mar 1998
13:42:31
-0500)
>Setting the  USEUNICODEFILENAMES option to off in the English client >Setting
>the  USEUNICODEFILENAMES option to off in the English client should fix
>the problem, but make sure the setting is consistent between backup and restore
>or the names may not restore correctly. If the option is set to ON the names
>will restore correctly but they will not be displayed correctly by the user
>interface (cmd line or GUI). This option (set to ON) is only required when
>backing up Macintosh files on an NT server with Services for Machintosh
>running. I again want to stress that this option must be used consistently
>during backup and restore for all names to be restored correctly. The default
>for this option is ON for the English client and OFF for all others.
>
>Hope this helps ....

It did. Now, having turned USEUNICODEFILENAMES to OFF, I can now display
filenames correctly using the GUI interface, but *not* on the CLI. I'm using
the Portuguese (Brazilien) client.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,