ADSM-L

problem with automounter under SUN Solaris 251 (fwd)

1998-03-10 04:14:00
Subject: problem with automounter under SUN Solaris 251 (fwd)
From: Bernd Knaak <Bernd.Knaak AT HRZ.UNI-DORTMUND DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:14:00 +0100
Hi all
I have a BIG problem with adsm-client V3 under Solaris 251
(and I hope anyone can help me).
All userfiles are in FS /export/home/userid/...
the sun automounter mounts these files at /home/userid/... if user
"touch" his/her files.
Unfortunately the GUI of the V3 SUN client don't show these FS /home
absolute AND the client don't show the original userfiles at
/export/home/...!!
So, no normal user is able to back up his/her own files.
Using option AUTOMOUNT /home will not solve the problem and produce only
the message ANS1837S ...
I have a PMR open since 12.feb.98
Does anybody can confirm this ore can anybody help me?
"dsmc incr" doesn't work, no backup.
"dsmc incr "/export/home/userid/*" " will work,
"dsmc incr "/home/userid/*" too.
hopeful
Bernd

|   Bernd Knaak               +   E-Mail:    B.Knaak AT hrz.uni-dortmund DOT de

|   Universitaet Dortmund     +   Phone:     ++49 231 755 2728                 |
|   HRZ/S2 - Zentrale Server  +   TeleFax:   ++49 231 755 2731                 |
|   D 44221 Dortmund          +   Adidasnet: August-Schmidt-Strasse 12         |
|   Germany                   +              GB V, Raum 233 (Campus Sued)      |