ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled archive

1998-03-09 17:10:26
Subject: Re: Scheduled archive
From: David Derk <derk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:10:26 -0500
Lio,
Incremental expects objects to be filespaces.  Incrementals are usually done
for an entire filespace (/home or C:).

Selective and Archive expect a file specification.  These actions are usually
done on a list of files (/home/me/*  or c:\dir1\*).

Therefore to schedule an Archive on an entire filespace you need
objects='/home/*' and options='subdir=yes'.

I *highly* recommend using the V3 client since the Archive function is very
much improved.  The V3 client will Archive directory objects and also
handles restore/retrieve of empty directories.  The V3 GUI client also
makes it much easier to view archive descriptions.  (Above I said incrementals
are 'usually'done on filespaces since the V3 client now supports
incrementals by file specification).

David Derk
ADSM Client Development