ADSM-L

Re: Problem with filenames with national characters (WinNT)

1998-03-09 13:42:31
Subject: Re: Problem with filenames with national characters (WinNT)
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:42:31 -0500
Setting the  USEUNICODEFILENAMES option to off in the English client should fix
the problem, but make sure the setting is consistent between backup and restore
or the names may not restore correctly. If the option is set to ON the names
will restore correctly but they will not be displayed correctly by the user
interface (cmd line or GUI). This option (set to ON) is only required when
backing up Macintosh files on an NT server with Services for Machintosh
running. I again want to stress that this option must be used consistently
during backup and restore for all names to be restored correctly. The default
for this option is ON for the English client and OFF for all others.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 03/09/98
9/98

 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
 03/08/98 11:39 PM