ADSM-L

Converting from 3590's to 3494.

1998-03-09 10:50:17
Subject: Converting from 3590's to 3494.
From: "Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 07:50:17 -0800
Hey ADSM'ers

Here in about two months we will be purchasing a 3494 tape library
system, and we will be using our four 3590 tape drives in this silo.
What I need to know is has anyone else in the ADSM community gone
through this type of conversion, and if so what procedure was used and
where there any unforeseen problems while converting to the new library.

Our current set up is:

ADSM V 2.12     on a       AIX/UNIX 4.1 operating system
4 - 3590              Tape Libraries with approximately 60 tapes in each
library.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated...........Thanks in
advance..

Tony Sinclair
ADSM Admin.
Snohomish County PUD