ADSM-L

When does the include/exclude list get read?

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: When does the include/exclude list get read?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/6/98 10:23AM
I'm not completely clear with your question, since you mention your server
level, but you are asking about the include/exclude list, which is a client
function.

At any rate, you are correct in your assumption that changes to the
include/exclude list (as well as other client options) are read at load time.
If you change any of them, you must reload the scheduler on the client.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/6/98 10:23 AM

Greetings,
        I am referring to the AIX ADSM Server 2.1 PTF 15 in my question.
        When does the include/exclude list get read?  My experience seems to
indicate that it is read by the scheduler when it is first brought up.
Is that right?  That implies that anytime you update the include/exclude
list, you have to restart the scheduler.
        That doesn't seem to me like is should work that way.  Does anyone know
if you can send a signal to the scheduler process to cause it to reread
it's options (and the include/exclude list)?  That at least would be
somewhat better.
        But it still seems to me that it would not be too much to ask that it
rereads it's options, etc. whenever it is about to run a scheduled
event.  Is there a way to turn on this behavior that I don't know about?

Thanks,

John Schneider

* John D. Schneider     * Email: jdschn AT ibm DOT net * Phone: 314-349-4556 *
* 275 Axminister        * Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are mine*
* Fenton, MO 63026      * and mine alone.  My company is off the hook.*