ADSM-L

Variables in schedules

1998-03-07 10:20:21
Subject: Variables in schedules
From: Steve Watson <swatson AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:20:21 -0400
I have a situtation where I would like to run many systems out of one
schedule but on each
system the object name is slightly different.  Is there a way that I could
set a variable in a pre script
that would cause the schedule to backup a different file system on each
system

example:

schedule 1 backups two system: system1 and system2.  On system 1 we want to
backup the filesystem
/var/adm/system1/logs and on system2 we want to backup
/var/adm/system2/logs.  Could I specify
the object as /var/adm/$variable/logs and have both backed up from the same
schedule rather
than have two schedules...

Thank you in advance

Steve