ADSM-L

Re: Local/Network File Spaces

1998-03-06 14:45:51
Subject: Re: Local/Network File Spaces
From: "Moir,Betsy" <Betsy.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:45:51 -0600
Greg -

There's an option you can put in the options file that limits the drives
(domains) that will be backed up:

DOMAIN C: D:

That would backup only the C and D drives.  If your users have access to
their own options file, then this doesn't *guarantee* they won't go in there
and change that, but if they're anything like most of our workstation
clients, they aren't much interested in how it works, just that it does.

It's my understanding, too, that ADSM defaults to backing up only locally
attached drives unless told to do otherwise.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 03/06/98 11:57:14 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET