ADSM-L

AW: Performance of restore of inactive files (NT client)

1998-03-06 03:30:43
Subject: AW: Performance of restore of inactive files (NT client)
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:30:43 +0100
We experience the same problem. All our clients with smaller filespaces
get quite fast response from the server, even when queriing inactive
data. Only a few larger clients (each 50-80 GB) have response times this
long.
I hope ADSM V3 to be much faster, especially through "small file
aggregation", but Ih fear this won't help much, as all data is already
backed up and not "small file aggregated".
Isn't IBM able to improve response time in ADSM on a platform like
OS/390? Our customers cannot believe that a complex query on a 40 GB
database takes only part of a second while an ADSM query on its 3 GB
database consumes 2 hours.

Regards, Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl